at TREE, your privacy is important to us. we are committed to safeguarding the privacy, confidentiality and security of your Personal Data (as defined below) by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486, Laws of Hong Kong) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION STATEMENT
1. when you visit our Website or our other social media, shop in our stores, subscribe to our mailing list, call our stores, utilise our services, participate in any of our promotional activities, or interact with us in any way, you may choose to provide us with your personal data (“Personal Data”), including but not limited to your name, mailing address, email address, postal code, phone number, credit card numbers and other personal data.
2. you agree that all the Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes and for such other purposes as may be agreed between you and us or required by any applicable laws and regulations from time to time:
(a) to provide you with our services;
(b) to deliver the goods purchased by you;
(c) to process the transactions between you and us;
(d) to analyse, verify and/or check your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the transactions between you and us;
(e) to carry out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your preference and buying behaviour and to provide services and goods better tailored to your needs, and assist us in selecting goods and services that are likely to be of interest to you;
(f) to carry out our normal management, operation and maintenance of the performance of the services;
(g) to design new, or improve existing, services provided by us or our affiliates to you, and to research for service improvement;
(h) to design marketing strategies;
(i) to carry out investigations of complaints and suspected suspicious transactions;
(j) to prevent or detect crime;
(k) to make relevant disclosures as required by any applicable laws and regulations;
(l) to carry out aggregated behavioral analysis;
(m) to discharge our duties under any applicable laws and regulations;
(n) to carry out any internal control analysis or internal policy-making; and
(o) to satisfy the relevant requirements in our fund raising activities or other commercial transactions.
3. the decision to provide us with your Personal Data is optional. however, if you choose not to provide the requested Personal Data, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of our Website or our services.
4. we implement data retention policies and records to ensure that personal data will not be kept longer than is necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected. the retention period applied to various types of personal data that we hold varies dependent on the respective data collection/usage purpose and relevant legal requirements.
likewise, other companies also may forward to us additional personal information (such as, for example, names, mailing addresses and email addresses, as well as demographic and other usage information), when we have news or product offerings that may be of special interest to those individuals.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
5. we may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to (i) our agents, contractors or vendors (“Service Providers”) who are under a duty of confidentiality to us, and who provide administrative, data processing, research and marketing, distribution, telecommunications, shipping, financial, consultancy, professional or other similar services to us to enable us to better fulfill customer orders, manage, store and enhance customer data, and comply with postal regulations; and to (ii) any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with respect to you in connection with a merger, sale or transfer (whether of assets or shares), any of your Personal Data and/or other information which may be collected by us as mentioned herein for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above.
6. when you visit our Website, we may collect more information, whether or not within the scope of Personal Data, including but not limited to your Internet Protocol address (and domain name), the name of the Website directing you, the type and configuration of your browser, your language settings, your geo-location, your operating system, the time/duration of your visit and the pages visited, as well as your clicks, activities and other usage information on our Website. we use such information for understanding how to make our Website more available and user-friendly to our customers.
8. we [use a Service Provider to] send emails that you may have agreed to receive. web cookies are used in those email messages and on our Website to help us measure the effectiveness of those emails and for other analytical purposes. [you can "opt out" of this email cookie at any time by deleting your name from the email mailing list.]
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
9. updating your contact information is quick and easy. just contact us - include your previous and current full name, mailing address, email address and phone number. please understand that updates may take a little time to process.
LINKS TO WEBSITES AND SERVICES
COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND LAW ENFORCEMENT
11. we cooperate with government and law-enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the applicable laws and regulations. we may disclose your Personal Data and any other information about you to government or law-enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas); to protect the safety, property or rights of us or of any third party; to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to comply with the applicable laws and regulations.
12. all processing of personal data shall be conducted according to the data protection principles as follows:
(a) personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently;
(b) personal data must be accurate and kept up to date with every effort to erase or correct;
(c) personal data must be processed in a manner that ensures the appropriate security.
RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
14. you have the right to know whether TREE holds your personal data and to request access to and/or correct any inaccuracies of your Personal Data held by us. if you wish to access or correct your Personal Data, or make any related complaint or request, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.